Crowe’s newly appointed CEO Mark Baer has announced the new members of the firm’s leadership team.
Last year, it was announced that Baer would succeed Jim Powers, who completed two terms as Crowe CEO, the maximum in accordance with the firm’s partnership agreement.
Baer’s role as CEO came into effect on 1 April. As part of this transition, he has appointed Brenda Torres as the firm’s new chief operating officer.
Torres previously served as the firm lead for audit quality and operations in audit and assurance services.
In her new role, Torres will be responsible for overseeing several firmwide administrative groups, including talent solutions; diversity, equity and inclusion; partner affairs; global services; and geographic office leaders.
Torres said: “I’m excited to stand with Mark and this leadership team, and to give back to the firm and the people that have given me so much throughout my career.
“I’m excited to stand with Mark and this leadership team, and to give back to the firm and the people that have given me so much throughout my career.”
In addition to Torres, the Crowe executive team includes:
- Simon Riley, chief strategy and transformation officer
- Julie Wood, chief people officer
- Steve Strammello, chief risk officer
- Ray Calvey, chief financial officer
- Chris Mitchell, chief diversity officer
- Ann Lathrop, marketing and sales leader
- Rex Voorheis, chief information security officer
- Steve Keeley, general counsel
- Justin Bass, chief data science officer
Crowe will also be led by the following:
- Nicole Bencik, managing partner, tax
- Wendy Cama, managing partner, audit and assurance
- Josh Cole, managing principal, consulting
- Chad Kellar, managing partner, advisory
- Tony Klaich, managing partner, markets and industries