Plante Moran has announced it has appointed 16 team members to serve as industry, service and office leaders.
The changes were effective July 1 and include the following new roles:
- Kellie Becker, chair of the international advisory board
- Rob Bondy, financial institutions practice leader
- Shane Brown, real estate and construction industry group leader
- Jennifer Chambers, K-12 industry practice leader
- Ron Cook, state and local tax practice leader
- Brian Franey, financial services industry group leader
- Valerie Grunduski, Detroit office tax director
- Scott McLellan and Jonathon Trionfi, co-leaders of Plante Moran Group Benefit Advisors
- Kellie Ray, not-for-profit industry group leader
- Stacey Reeves, public sector industry group leader
- Laurice Saba, Auburn Hills office tax director
- Greg Walthorn, East Lansing office managing partner
- Alisha Watkins, Southfield impact group leader
- Brian Wiedenhoeft, manufacturing and distribution industry group leader
- Eric Wydra, Detroit office managing partner
Based in Southeast Michigan, Becker steps into the chair role for the international advisory board where she is responsible for leading and growing the international assurance, tax and consulting group. In addition to that role, she will continue to be the leader of the firm’s international tax group and actively involved in growing Plante Moran’s international services and footprint.
Bondy assumes responsibility for the firm’s financial institutions practice and will be based in Grand Rapids.
The financial institutions practice includes banking and credit union organizations, independent mortgage bankers, consumer and specialty lenders and other financial services. He previously served as the practice leader for Plante Moran’s mortgage, specialty finance and other financial services.
Cook will be responsible for leading the firm’s state and local tax practice. Based in Chicago, he previously served as the leader of the firm’s state and local tax group for Illinois where he led the Chicagoland practice’s growth.
Based in Auburn Hills, McLellan and Trionfi will co-lead Plante Moran Group Benefit Advisors, which assists clients with driving effective health and welfare benefit plan strategy. Plante Moran Group Benefit Advisors address critical issues such as cost containment, compliance, employee communication and education, vendor selection and implementations.
The changes to Plante Moran’s industry leadership team members come shortly after the firm added four partners to its management team.
In June, the firm also announced its expansion to the Southfield Town Center, uniting more than 900 team members from two former offices in 192,600-square-feet of space in 3000 Town Center.
Managing partner Jim Proppe said: “I am excited to have this group of talented individuals serve in leadership roles at Plante Moran. They will continue to uphold our firm’s legacy of providing exceptional client service, fostering community connections and promoting the firm’s culture. I look forward to seeing each one of them shine in their new positions.”