CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) has been ranked the number one construction accounting firm in the United States by Construction Executive, retaining its number one spot for the third consecutive year.
Construction Executive, which recognizes the top independent construction accounting firms across the country, is now in its 19th year of publication and is considered a leading trade magazine for construction businesses.
In the July/August 2021 issue, it published a comprehensive ranking of The Top 50 Construction Accounting Firms , an annual feature that includes detailed breakouts and analysis of the industry.
Rankings were determined by seven key factors:
- Number of CPAs in the construction practice
- Percentage of the firm’s total revenues that comes from its construction practice
- Number of construction clients
- Number of office locations with a construction accounting practice
- Number of employees with CCIFP certification
- Year the construction accounting practice was established
CLA also maintained its number one ranking by growing the number of CPAs, clients, and revenue from the construction practice.
- The number of CPAs in the firm increased from 2,691 to 2,910
- The number of U.S. construction clients increased from 9,182 to 9,912
- Revenues from the construction practice increased from $90.9M to $96.6M
Julian Xavier, CLA principal, said: “The construction industry faces very complex challenges, including project delays, staffing shortages, skills gaps, and cost of materials.
“It’s more important than ever for contractors to recognize the impact of these challenges and develop strategies to help create future opportunities. CLA provides the tools for owners and managers to plan for long-term financial success.”
CLA said it helps its construction clients “transform challenges into opportunities” with the help of a team of construction professionals who considers the financial, tax, operational, and strategic needs of companies and offers advice and strategies to help drive success.